Saturday, February 3, 2024

Courage: Acting Regardless of Fear




I was thinking about some of the fears that I have that stop me from moving forward or letting go. In my meditation I was trying to figure out why certain things in my life create fear. Then it came to me that my fears were not there to scare me, they were there to teach me courage. My fears are not my enemy, they are something to master. From that moment on, fear became my teacher of courage.

Courage is the ability to act regardless of feelings of fear. It is about following your natural instincts when the facts are against it. Courage is an accumulation of many small steps, and each day we speak the truth with integrity and own our responsibilities, we are walking in courage. When you build up your courage, you expand your mind; thus, creating new opportunities for growth. You are more likely to take risks that will guide you to an important positive future, where you may not have ordinarily challenged yourself to go. Fear will fall away when you build up your courage level.

When my cousin died, I was afraid. I had fear as he was my best friend and I was unsure if I would be playful and happy like I used to be. It was a fear that I played with. People kept telling me that I had strength and courage and to move forward. What they did not understand, was at times, courage was about moving ahead even though I did not have the strength. I learned during that time that courage was discovering new ways to find joy, even though my joy was out of sight.

So be courageous and commit to change and raise your consciousness. You can do this by acknowledging your fears and be ready to face them. Do what you fear! If you feel afraid of something try to just do it. Experience will soon teach you. Catch a glimpse of your own greatness and surrender to the outcome. Courage is about action. Not results. If you have the courage to act, you’ve succeeded. Courage is an action regardless of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wounds of Wisdom

You've heard of words of wisdom, I am here to talk about wounds of wisdom. We have all been wounded somehow. There are children who suff...